Nothing is more personal than family. What is more important and foundational? When the family dynamic is changed – either through agreement or through contentious litigation – we are often challenged both emotionally and financially. Good legal counsel can help – both in end results and, often more immediate – in understanding what can be a stressful and unknown process. My team and I can help. Family law is what we do – and only what we do.
- We will work together to develop a theme for your case. Presenting a continuous, and reasonable, position throughout the litigation process is important. It builds goodwill with the judicial officer and shows the opposing party that you are approaching a highly emotional situation with reason and accountability.
- You need to know your rights and how the law applies to the individual facts of your case. There is no “standard” divorce or family law case. You deserve to be treated with the respect and attention that such an important matter demands.
- We will balance the inherent costs of your case. Some “fights” are necessary but most are not. I promise to get you through your family law matter as inexpensively as is possible – but without cutting corners.
- You control the important decisions in your case. I will make sure those decisions are informed and are likely to be successful in litigation or settlement discussions. This is your family and your future. I am not paternalistic in my representation. We will work together towards a workable solution.
There is a reason 95% of my clients are referrals from prior clients, other attorneys, and often from former opposing parties. I am fair with my pricing and am honest with my advice. I will work hard for you and for your family. I see the big picture – a successful family law resolution does not scorch the earth – you will often need to co-parent with your ex for many years to come. Family law is what I do. I enjoy helping people through one of the most challenging and emotional situations they will experience. Let’s work together to make sure your family is protected.
For the curious:
- I have been an attorney licensed in Washington since 2001. I went to WSU for undergrad and Lewis & Clark for law school.
- Family law is all I do.
- I have handled over a thousand family law cases. I am thankful that my current and former clients continue to trust me with their families and friends.
- I haven’t counted, but I am sure I’ve handled 100+ family law trials. Though rare, when my cases have gone through the appellate process all have been upheld or overturned favorably to my clients.
- I helped author sections of the Washington Practice – Family and Community Property Law volumes. I am a former President of the Clark County Bar Association – Family Law Section and served on the Board of the Volunteer Lawyers Program.
- I am one of two Clark County, Washington family law attorneys who have received the “Super Lawyers” designation.